What if I am in a car wreck and an insurance company representative asks me to give a statement about the accident?

We recommend that you consult an experienced attorney right away. We invariably advise our clients not to give statements to insurance adjusters. We also do not advise signing a release for your medical records until an attorney has reviewed the release.

How soon after I am injured to I have to file a lawsuit?

In Kentucky, for non automobile personal injury cases, the statute of limitations is one year from the date of injury or from the date you knew or reasonably should have known that an event caused an injury.

In automobile collision cases, the time to file a lawsuit is two years from the date of the collision, or two years from the date of the last no-fault payment, but in no event more than four years from the date of the accident.

If I file a claim will I have to go to court?

Many if not most claims do not achieve maximum recovery without filing suit. Once litigation occurs, however, most cases are settled before trial. Generally, clients must submit to a deposition after suit is filed, which is an examination taken under oath before a court reporter. We will prepare you for your deposition. 

If a trial becomes necessary, our experience will allow us to provide you with skilled and persuasive advocacy.

How do my medical bills get paid and can I get my lost wages while I am recuperating from my injuries?

If you are injured in an automobile collision, your no-fault auto coverage (also known as “Personal Injury Protection” (PIP), will pay for certain losses up to the limit of your no-fault protection.  We can assist you in coordination of your no-fault benefits so that medical bills, wage losses, and even the cost of replacement services can be paid quickly by your own insurance carrier.

Most automobile owners carry the minimum no-fault benefit of $10,000. In the case of serious injuries, the minimum coverage is often exhausted quickly.  

Still have questions? We look forward to hearing from you.